Long ago I read this article which i found very useful and wanted to share but I don't why I did'nt, well here is the 56 way from A to Z of speeding up your dumb computer -
You probably have heard of people telling you that you can speed up your computer by stopping unwanted services. But when you look at the list of services running, you are unsure of what to shut down and what not to. Here's a small guide to help you choose what to shutdown in a list of common processes/services.
Useless services:• AdobeLM Service – Not all have this service, still its useless, just disable it if you have it.
• Alerter – Disable this if you aren’t on a network because you wont receive an alert thus.
• Application Management – Set this to manual.
• Automatic Updates – Disable it if you don’t require auto updating and patching of windows. Pretty useless if you use auto-patcher by neowin for updating your windows. Saves bandwidth.
• ClipBook – Disable this if you aren’t on a network since you don’t need to share anything then.
• Computer Browser – Disable this too if you aren’t on a network as then you don’t have to browse and monitor connected computers.
[Links] [Qwerty Maniac]